Saturday 9 May 2015

Post-election thanks!

In case anyone missed the excitement of the results in Shipley yesterday, I was re-elected to represent the Shipley ward for the Greens - a seat that we have held since 2000: https://www.bradford.gov.uk/asp/elections/detail186.html

I would like to thank every single one of the 3,141 people who voted for the Green Party on Thursday, more than ever before. I am also incredibly grateful to everyone who helped with our campaign here in Shipley - our leafletters, our canvassers and our crowdfunders! Thanks to everyone who put up a poster or who allowed us to plant a poster board in their gardens!


















Embedded image permalink



Thanks to Matt Edwards for revamping our election leaflet and helping with the content, to Alex Newsham for re-booting our website, and to Dale Deacon for being so supportive in so many ways.

As ever, I am particularly grateful to my cllr colleagues Hawarun Hussain and Martin Love for their huge help and support, as well as their comradeship in the political front line!


Embedded image permalink


Finally, Betts, thanks for your love and support during a month in which I spent far more time outside the house or stuck in my study while you and Laura and Grace kept our family life on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.